Lose weight today – take the first step and discover your potential through weight loss surgery with Ormiston Weight Loss Service (OWLS).
We understand that diet and exercise alone do not always work. We know the struggle of being overweight and not knowing where to begin. Our patients push “reset” on their way of living and go on a journey towards a new healthier version of well being.
We offer both surgical and non-surgical weight loss procedures. Take comfort in knowing we offer an extremely safe and sterile hospital environment for your procedure, with highly experienced staff who perform these procedures regularly. Read more about why you should go private with Ormiston.
We offer three types of weight loss procedures, you can take our online quiz to discover which option may be best suited to you:
We look after our patients over a 12 month period, with regular monitoring and nutritional support. This includes before and after your procedure. The journey to weight loss with OWLS looks like this:
Consultation with a specialist
Book in with dietitian and appointment made for surgery.
Meet with Dietitian to discuss weight loss goals. gastric balloons have a 2 – 3 week wait before procedure, and bariatric surgery is a 3 – 8 week wait. You may be prescribed medication or a pre-op diet.
Procedure takes place at Ormiston Hospital, gastric balloon patients can leave the same day, surgery patients may stay up to two nights.
Post-procedure follow up with specialist and then the dietitian over 12 months.
Enjoy your new life and achieve your health goals!
Weight Loss Experts:
Our dedicated team includes:
- Two expert Bariatric surgeons
- Two gastroentologists
- An experienced weight loss dietitian
- Psychologist – on request
- OWLS Assistant
Ormiston Hospital offers the best and safest procedures available for surgical and nonsurgical weight loss. We are a proud member of Southern Cross Hospitals.
Full payment is made two days before your procedure. If you require finance for these procedures you may wish to us Nova Medical, please contact them directly. If you have a Q Card we also accept this as form of payment. We regularly work with insurers including Southern Cross Health Insurance to cover the costs of procedures.
There are some instances where health insurers cover some of the cost, please speak with your insurer directly. You may also look into Kiwisaver as an option of payment for withdrawal – please speak to your kiwisaver provider for more information on this.
Process in further detail:
- Contact us to make an enquiry about weight loss surgery and book a consultation appointment for either a gastric balloon or bariatric procedure
- Consultation takes place and you will be booked in for your procedure at a time that suits you
- You will be required to take blood tests (and sometimes lose weight before the procedure)
- Surgery patients will visit their surgeon once more before surgery
- Payment is made two days prior to admission to Hospital
- Procedure takes place at Ormiston Hospital
- Discharge occurs when the patient is ready
- Recovery – at your own pace
- Ongoing support from Weight Loss Dietitian