We’ve made it easy to remember what you need to bring on coming into Ormiston Hospital on the day of your surgery. Please read the below carefully before departing home.
You need to bring:
- Your Information Folder – Ormiston Hospital Forms to Fill Out
- All documentation relating to your surgery, including letters, notes and medication cards from your doctor/s or other hospitals. This also includes test results, scans or x-rays you may have.
- All medication/drugs that you are currently taking. This includes inhalers, injections, herbal remedies, vitamin supplements (please bring them in their original container).
- Insurance or ACC approval letters (if applicable).
- Any personal aids such as glasses, hearing aids, dentures, walking sticks etc.
- Community Services Card.
Day stay patients, please bring:
- Adults bring comfortable loose clothing (sleepwear is not required)
- Children must wear own pyjama’s to theatre but these should be loose fitting. Please also bring a spare set in the event they may need to be changed
Driving following surgery: An important reminder to you that operating a motor vehicle after surgery for the first 24 hours is not permitted following a general anaesthetic.
Inpatients (overnight or longer), please bring:
- Comfortable sleepwear, dressing gown, slippers and personal toiletries
- Comfortable change of clothes for departure
- Reading material, phone and phone charger or other activities
To ensure your comfort with your overnight stay at Ormiston Hospital, you will receive a QuietPac. These pre-packed kits are available in your room and contain personal items, selected with your comfort in mind.