You must bring:
- Your Information Folder – Patient Information Form
- All documentation relating to your surgery, including letters, notes and medication cards from your doctor/s or other hospitals. This also includes test results, scans or x-rays you may have.
- All medication/drugs that you are currently taking. This includes inhalers, injections, herbal remedies, vitamin supplements (please bring them in their original container).
- Insurance or ACC approval letters (if applicable).
- Any personal aids such as glasses, hearing aids, dentures, walking sticks etc.
- Community Services Card.
Day stay patients, please bring:
- Adults bring comfortable loose clothing (sleepwear is not required).
- Children must wear own pyjama’s to theatre but these should be loose fitting. Please also bring a spare set in the event they may need to be changed.
Driving following surgery: An important reminder to you that operating a motor vehicle after surgery for the first 24 hours is not permitted following a general anaesthetic.
Inpatients (overnight or longer), please bring:
- Comfortable sleepwear, dressing gown, slippers and personal toiletries.
- Reading material or other activities.
For your overnight stay at Ormiston Hospital, you will receive a QuietPac. These are pre-packed kits containing personal items, selected to enhance your Ormiston Hospital experience.