Please ensure you:
- Have completed any tests and investigation ordered by your surgeon.
- Have contacted your Health Insurer and obtained a ‘prior approval’ number and letter covering your payment arrangements (if applicable).
- Have an ACC approval letter (if applicable).
- Know when to stop eating and drinking before your admission and surgery.
- Know whether your regular medications and natural remedies should be taken as normal, e.g. anti-coagulants and some natural remedies are often stopped prior to surgery.
- Have completed your forms and have returned them to the hospital 10 days prior to surgery.
- Know when to arrive for admission and where to report to:
Level 3 Reception
125 Ormiston Road
- Please contact the hospital if within 24 hours of your surgery if you become ill.
- Arrange for someone to drive you to and from hospital on the day of your surgery.
- Have a responsible adult stay with you for at least 24 hours following surgery.
Please watch the following videos below: