Before your admission into Ormiston Hospital it is important you consider the following points. Please also watch the helpful videos provided below. Please read through and refer to our patient admission form.
When you use a health or disability service, your rights are protected by the Code of Health and Disability Services Consumers’ Rights. Click here for more information.
Please ensure you:
- Are in good health
- Have completed any tests and investigation ordered by your surgeon.
- Have contacted your Health Insurer and obtained a ‘prior approval’ number and letter where applicable. Note that your policy may have patient co-payments to cover part of the treatment and not all items may be fully funded. We advise patients to check their policy and approvals carefully.
- Have an ACC approval letter (if applicable).
- Know when to stop eating and drinking before your admission and surgery.
- Know whether your regular medications and natural remedies should be taken as normal, e.g. anti-coagulants and some natural remedies are often stopped prior to surgery.
- Contact the hospital if within 24 hours of surgery you become ill
- Know when to arrive for admission and where to report to with completed forms:
Level 3 Reception
125 Ormiston Road
- Please contact the hospital if within 24 hours of your surgery if you become ill.
- Arrange for someone to drive you to and from hospital on the day of your surgery.
- Have a responsible adult stay with you for at least 24 hours following surgery.
Please watch the following videos to both help you prepare for surgery and what to expect when you are in hospital.