Before your admission into Ormiston Hospital it is important you consider the following points. Please also watch the helpful videos provided below. Please read through and refer to our patient admission form.
We are strictly screening all patients for Coronavirus (COVID-19) please refer to our update page for more information.
Please ensure you:
- Are in good health and have not recently traveled overseas
- Have completed any tests and investigation ordered by your surgeon.
- Have contacted your Health Insurer and obtained a ‘prior approval’ number and letter covering your payment arrangements (if applicable).
- Have an ACC approval letter (if applicable).
- Know when to stop eating and drinking before your admission and surgery.
- Know whether your regular medications and natural remedies should be taken as normal, e.g. anti-coagulants and some natural remedies are often stopped prior to surgery.
- Have completed your forms and have returned them to the hospital 10 days prior to surgery.
- Know when to arrive for admission and where to report to:
Level 3 Reception
125 Ormiston Road
- Please contact the hospital if within 24 hours of your surgery if you become ill.
- Arrange for someone to drive you to and from hospital on the day of your surgery.
- Have a responsible adult stay with you for at least 24 hours following surgery.
Please watch the following videos to both help you prepare for surgery and what to expect when you are in hospital.