Jarome was born and raised in South Auckland and graduated from the Auckland School of Medicine in 2005.
He completed his orthopaedic training in New Zealand before spending 3 years on fellowship in Australia and the UK. He works as an orthopaedic consultant at Middlemore Hospital and has an active role in research and teaching.
Jarome has an interest in trauma, infection as well as hip and knee replacement surgery. Through his 6 fellowships, he has acquired a broad set of skills to treat a variety of orthopaedic conditions. Jarome has experience with navigation and robot-assisted surgery and is passionate about integrating the latest technology into his orthopaedic practice.
Jarome is involved with a number of public projects aimed at improving patient healthcare. He accepts complex trauma referrals from other public hospitals and the Pacific Islands.
- Hip replacement surgery including revision
- Knee replacement surgery
- Navigation and robot-assisted joint replacement surgery
- Knee arthroscopy
- Knee preservation (realignment) surgery
- High tibial osteotomy
- Distal femoral osteotomy
- Patella (knee cap) stabilisation surgery
- Trauma of the upper and lower limb (excluding hands and feet)
- Nonunion and deformity correction surgery of the upper and lower limb (excluding hands and feet)
- Pelvic and acetabular reconstruction
- Tendon repairs
- Distal bicepts
- Pectoralis Major
- Metalware removal
- MBChB 2005
- FRACS 2017
- Middlemore Stryker Trauma and Arthroplasty 2017
- Monash Trauma and Lower Limb Reconstruction 2018
- Royal Melbourne Hospital Pelvic and Acetabular Trauma 2018
- Royal Infirmary Edinburgh Tumour and Arthroplasty 2019
- Royal Devon and Exeter Hip Fellowship 2019
- St Georges London Pelvic and Acetabular Trauma 2020