On Saturday 23rd July Ormiston Hospital hosted a Seminar for GPs on Obesity and Weight Loss Management.
The event had been endorsed by The Royal NZ College of GPs as an educational event. Topics covered included:
- Determining factors for referring patients for Bariatric Surgery
- The benefits and risks of Bariatric Surgery
- Management of obesity with Intragastric Balloon Procedure
- Follow up post Bariatric Surgery and long term management
- Nutrition, Psychology and Physiotherapy
Did you know that some health insurers fund Bariatric Surgery? Did you also know that finance options are available for those who wish to self pay?