We make leaving hospital as easy and as comfortable as possible for you. We know our patients do best recovering in the comfort of their home.
Your surgeon and nurses will discuss your discharge arrangements from Ormiston Hospital. If you have stayed overnight or longer, discharge time for you will be between 9 am and 10 am.
Please be aware that a late discharge may incur an additional fee. Find out about our payment and finalising your account.
Before you leave (for both day stay and inpatients) – please make sure you have:
- Made arrangements for someone to drive you home.
- Arranged for a support person (adult) to be with you for at least 24 hours following your surgery. This may be for longer if you need additional help.
- Your discharge information form which will include instructions from your surgeon.
- Any prescriptions or medicines you may require. (There may be a charge for some prescriptions.)
- Made arrangements for follow appointments with your surgeon/doctor if necessary.
- Finalised outstanding payments.
After your discharge:
If you become unwell after you leave the hospital and develop any of the following signs or symptoms, please call your surgeon or visit your GP immediately.
- Increased pain or excessive swelling around the wound.
- Excessive bleeding or wound ooze.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Pain, swelling or tenderness in your calf or thigh.
In the event of an emergency, please dial 111 for an ambulance.