If you are looking for an affordable, quick, nonsurgical procedure without any incisions, stitches or scars, a gastric balloon could be your solution. Gastric balloon’s are a nonsurgical and fully reversible way to fast track weight loss. A temporary balloon device is placed in your stomach for 6 to 12 months to boost your weight loss efforts to reach your goal weight.
A gastric balloon allows you to learn portion control and develop healthy changes in your eating habits that can see you into the future. The OWLS team will support you and guide you along the process, this includes a customised diet and exercise programme tailored to your needs.
We offer two types of gastric balloon, the Spatz and Orbera, we believe these are the best quality balloons on the market. Both are safe for up to 12 months of use. Read more about each one below.
Spatz3® Adjustable Gastric Balloon
The Spatz3® Adjustable Gastric Balloon is the world’s only adjustable gastric balloon. This type of balloon can be increased or decreased after implantation. This means if you are not losing the amount of weight you would like your surgeon is able to increase the size of the balloon.
Balloon adjustments can be done as often as needed.
Spatz3® is a highly safe and well proven method of weight loss. It’s ability to be adjustable is a huge benefit, as it can be tailored to individual weight loss goals.
Orbera® Gastric Balloon
The ORBERA® Gastric Balloon has proven to help patients achieve 3.1x more weight loss than diet and exercise alone and provide’s patients with the right tools and resources to successfully learn to keep it off.
Many diet programs are difficult to maintain as you struggle with feeling hungry. With Orbera® you eat smaller meals, because the balloon takes up space in your stomach. This helps to develop long term healthy habits.
About the procedure
- These procedures are done under light sedation
- This is a day stay procedure and is done in 20 minutes
- You will not need to stay in hospital but you will need to take it easy for three days
- Immediately after the balloon is placed and filled with sterile water
- The balloon is inserted through the mouth and into the stomach
- Clinical evidence suggests an average of 10-15kg in 6 months
- Evidence of the Spatz shows an average of 17 – 25kg weight loss in 12 months
- Gastric balloons have been used for 20 years on hundreds of thousands of people
- The procedure is fully reversible
Email us for more information: email@example.com