Welcome to Ormiston Hospital’s Career Site.
You will find here a list of current vacancies available at Ormiston Hospital.
Theatre Co-ordinator – Full Time
The purpose of this position is to ensure the effective and effective co-ordination our operating theatres. A key component of this role is to ensure systems and resources for the theatre suite are appropriate and that the operating theatres run smoothly at all times.
The Theatre Co-ordinator will facilitate the day-to-day co-ordination of the operating theatres ensuring that the hospital is able to respond positively and effectively to the fluctuating demands of a busy surgical service. As an active member of the hospital’s Quality Management Team, the Theatre Co-ordinator will ensure that quality standards are implemented and maintained at all times within the theatre suite.
The successful applicant will work with the Theatre Charge Nurses to ensure all theatres are staffed adequately and are appropriately set up.
Our preference is for a NZ Registered Nurse (minimum of 5 years’ post grad) with recent theatre co-ordination experience within an operating theatre environment. The successful applicant will have excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for providing patient-centred care.
If this position interests you, please send your CV along with a covering letter to Lisa Woods at Lisaw@ormistonhospital.co.nz. Lisa will provide you with a copy of the Position Description upon request.
Sterile Services Technician – Part Time
Due to an extra theatre being commissioned we are seeking an experienced Sterile Services Technician for a Part Time position (rostered shifts).
The candidate that will be appointed to this role will have:
- Be an experienced CSSD Technician with 3+ years’ experience along with a Current Sterile Services Certificate Level 3
- Possess or be working towards a Level 5 Advanced Sterilising Certificate
- Have a strong commitment to quality and team work
- Experienced SSD Technician with current knowledge of all aspects of Sterilising Services
- Have great communication skills and be able to liaise confidently with internal colleagues and visiting practitioners
- Be able to work in all areas such as Decontamination, Loans, Endoscopy, Packing and Sterilising of Reusable Medical Devices
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
Please apply by providing a comprehensive CV, with covering letter to CSSD Team Leader – Kathryn O’Connor at Kathryno@ormistonhospital.co.nz
We are seeking an experienced Theatre Nurse (RN)
This is a .8 FTE position.
The successful candidate will have:
- New Zealand Nursing Council registration
- Minimum 2 years post -graduate experience in the OR
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated clinical nursing experience
- Experience in General, Laparoscopic, Gynaecology, Urology or Orthopaedics surgery would be useful
Please apply by providing a comprehensive CV, evidence of current registration, with covering letter to Theatre Services Manager – Kathi Lee – Katherinel@ormistonhospital.co.nz
Health Care Assistant – Ward – Casual
We are seeking an experienced Health Care Assistant to work on our Ward
You must have:
- A Certificate for Health Support Assistants
- 2 years minimum care giving experience with a preference for surgical hospital experience in either the public or private health sector
- Proven reliability, honesty and integrity
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude with an attention to detail
- Must be eligible to work in NZ
Please apply by providing a comprehensive CV, with a covering letter to: Lee-Anne Naidoo ~ Lee-AnneN@ormistonhospital.co.nz
Casual Registered Nurses
We are seeking experienced ward staff to work on our casual roster.
We are looking for RN’s who have;
- NZ citizenship or permanent residency
- Minimum 3 years post-graduate surgical experience in a New Zealand hospital
- A strong commitment to quality and team work
- Great communication skills and be able to liaise confidently with internal colleagues and visiting practitioners.
Please apply by providing a comprehensive CV, with a covering letter to Lee-Anne Naidoo ~ Lee-AnneN@ormistonhospital.co.nz