Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgery refers to a variety of operations performed in order to repair or restore body parts to look normal, or to change a body part to look better.
Amongst the most common specialities are:
- Congenital – Treatments for conditions like cleft lip, palate, facial and ear deformities.
- Breast Surgery – Reconstruction following cancer, congenital anomalies or cosmetic breast surgery.
- Skin – Excision and reconstruction of benign or malignant areas.
- Cancer – Removal of malignant tumours and benign lesions of the skin, breast and/or treatment of others.
- Hand and Upper Limb Surgery – Repair and/or reconstruction of hand and upper limb abnormalities and the treatment of degenerative hand disease.
- Aesthetic Surgery – The changing of appearance by choice and not for the treatment of disease.