Your surgeon and nurses will discuss with you arrangements for your discharge from Ormiston Hospital. If you have stayed overnight or longer, discharge time for you will be between 9am and 10am. Late discharges may incur an additional fee.
Before you leave (for both day stay and inpatients) – please make sure you have:
- Made arrangements for someone to drive you home.
- Arranged for an adult to be with you for at least 24 hours following your surgery. This may be for longer if you need additional help.
- Your discharge information form which will include instructions from your surgeon.
- Any prescriptions or medicines you may require. (There may be a charge for some prescriptions.)
- Made arrangements for follow appointments with your surgeon/doctor if necessary.
- Finalised outstanding payments.
After your discharge:
If you become unwell after you leave the hospital and develop any of the following signs or symptoms, please call your surgeon or visit your GP immediately.
- Increased pain or excessive swelling around the wound.
- Excessive bleeding or wound ooze.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Pain, swelling or tenderness in your calf or thigh.
In the event of an emergency,
please dial 111 for an ambulance.